Top 10 Whiteboard Animation Software for 2022
Table of Content
Whiteboard animation videos are quite likely the most popular and engaging types of explainer videos.
For certain types of videos, whiteboard animation videos are way more beneficial than traditional videos. Below are some good use cases for using whiteboard animation videos over traditional videos:
- Explaining complex concepts
- Establishing a brand as a subject matter expert
- Educate the audience about benefits or product use cases
- A longer video with a story
- Explainer video
Benefits of Whiteboard Animation Video?
Here are a few reasons why whiteboard animation captivates a broad variety of viewers.
- It is stunning and ideally suited for attracting the audience’s attention.
- It’s simple to keep in mind.
- It is preferable to pass a significant quantity of information clearly and immediately.
- Adaptability and portability are built-in.
- It has a greater rate of conversion.
Why use whiteboard animation Software?
Seeking an effective and proven way to make a buzz about your product or service? Making a whiteboard video might be the best course of action.
You don’t require any expensive equipment or talents to get started — only a computer and whiteboard animation software.
The software makes video making and editing straightforward. This software creates a high-quality explainer that you can use on your website, social media channels, or any other location you desire.
Designing whiteboard characters and using animation tools is perceived to require a high level of technological expertise.
It’s true if you’re trying to make incredibly complex videos with complex video-making software that is not designed for a whiteboard animation.
This post will provide you with all of the information on the top Whiteboard animation software, including their key features and pricing information.
So without further ado, let’s get this party going!
VideoScribe is a popular whiteboard animation application for quickly making explanatory videos. Without the use of pricey designers or voice-over artists, the software allows you to generate faultless videos.
- There are nine different background textures to pick from.
- You can choose from 13 various hand styles, including a monster hand, just like the background textures.
- The VideoScribe image library is quite large, with over 6000 images divided into 40 categories, including animals, buildings, shapes, and designs.
- The software also allows you to customize your images in a variety of ways.
- You’ll be able to make three different graphs.
- It contains a built-in voiceover recording feature.
- There are over 300 copyright-free audio tracks to choose from.
- Video in high definition can be exported.
VideoScribe is an excellent whiteboard animation video maker, especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
Although It has some shortcomings, such as no direct MP4 support, limited fine-tuning of bespoke graphics, and unsatisfactory audio control while being a feature-rich application, it makes it easy for the normal user to create whiteboard animation with its drag and drop interface.
Pricing: VideoScribe subscription starts at $9.44 per month (annual plan). learn more about VideoScribe pricing.
Moovly is a web-based video maker that allows you to create many types of videos including whiteboard animation. Just choose from a variety of expert-created video templates to get started with your video.
- Transitional effects and animations.
- Workflow management and collaboration.
- Access management for users and groups.
- Compatible with all browsers. Compatible with both Chrome and Firefox for advanced features like transparent video objects.
- Directly upload videos to YouTube, Vimeo, and other platforms.
- Video in HD quality.
Moovly is an affordable video-making software that is simple to use and contains extensive functionality.
It can be used in a variety of languages, including English, Czech, Dutch, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
Moovly can improve in a few areas, such as the number of free audios, despite all of its excellent features.
It’s ideal for both animation and live-action video production. Beginners, non-designers, and even pros will benefit from it.
Pricing: The subscription starts from $24.92 per month when billed annually. It also provides a free trial. Learn more about Moovly pricing.
Animaker is a cloud-based animation video maker that allows users to create explainer videos using a variety of pre-built templates.
To make marketing videos more engaging and professional, it has incorporated millennial characters. It features more than 50 human-sounding voiceovers in 25 languages.
- There are over 50 different transition effects to choose from.
- Seamless performance with a powerful HTML5 engine.
- Extensive video asset library for animated characters, properties, icons, images, and videos.
- Customizable characters with a variety of facial expressions.
- Auto lip-sync for voice-over.
- 4k video quality for the enterprise version and 2k for the Pro version.
- Easy resizing to repurpose video for different platforms.
Animaker has a vast number of different characters, expressions, and movements.
Still, it comes with a few disadvantages. It degrades video quality when you add more than four characters to a video. Also, it has download limits based on subscription such as 5 downloads per month for the basic plan.
Pricing: It starts from as low as $10 a month and 3 other plans namely starter, pro, and enterprise. It also has a free plan with a watermark and many more limitations. Learn more about Animaker pricing.
Animatron Studio is a very versatile and powerful online animator tool that will allow you to produce stunning animations with ease.
- Templates are available for free and can be customized.
- Without the assistance of a professional, anyone can create great explainer videos or animators.
- Upload your own image or choose from the stock library.
- Bulk upload available.
According to internet reviews, it has other notable features, including mobile screen compatibility, social sharing, brand overlay, closed captioning, privacy choices, video looping, and more.
On the other side, a few people have expressed dissatisfaction with the free stock videos and have suggested that Animatron’s pace may be improved.
Pricing: Pro subscription starts from $15 per month. It also allows free subscriptions with limitations. Click here for detailed animatron pricing.
Vyond was once known as GoAnimate until being renamed in 2018. It’s yet another whiteboard animation software solution that tells a story visually.
- Pre-animated assets library.
- Import existing content to reuse and repurpose.
- Strong customization capability from sound to characters.
- The user interface is straightforward, and anyone may readily interact with it.
- A large number of templates are available.
- Copyright-free audio files.
Vyond is a versatile and powerful software system, but its price suggests that it is best suited to large corporations or enterprise users.
Pricing: Most affordable plan costs $49 per month. Check out vyond pricing.
One of the simplest ways to create innovative business videos is to use My Simple Show. The Simple Show Company, which was founded in 2008, is most likely the first to come up with the notion of explainer videos.
- The designer has the option of choosing the storyline and uploading a pre-designed PowerPoint file.
- Explainer engine using artificial intelligence
- To arrange multiple stories, better storyline templates are needed.
- Auto-sync will be enabled for voice recordings.
- The video can be directly uploaded to YouTube or downloaded as an MP4 file.
My Simple Show is not only simple to use, but it also handles all of the technical aspects. Even though you can start utilizing the free trial, the premium subscription is fairly expensive.
Pricing: SimpleShow Videomaker plan starts from a huge $499 a month. Learn more about SimpleShow pricing.
Render Forest is a very good tool for you if you’re planning to create corporate-style logos, promo videos, slideshows, or animated/whiteboard videos. Render Forest’s design is impressive, but it’s simple enough that even complete beginners can work like professionals without any prior experience.
- Make high-quality videos with the help of free templates.
- Customize pre-built templates to align with your branding.
- Edit the scene, and add music or voice-over based on your design needs.
- Auto suggests relevant music for the project.
- Allows direct sharing to social media.
- Over a million premium templates, mockups, scenes, and presets to get started with.
- Hundreds of thousands of stock images, videos, and music.
This whiteboard animation tool is not only simple but also inexpensive, making it ideal for small businesses and freelancers.
Pricing: It has a free plan with a lot of limitations like 360p resolution. The paid plan starts from USD 9.99 and the business plan costs USD 19.99 which supports unlimited 4K videos. Explore render forest pricing.
PowToon is an online tool that allows you to create interactive whiteboard animated videos and presentations. PowToon’s interface is intuitive, interactive, and includes all of the fundamental capabilities you’ll need to create motion graphics.
- Powtoon is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to create fascinating stories and presentations.
- Paid plans allow creating longer videos compared to other tools (from 10 minutes to 30 minutes based on the subscription).
- A large library of royalty-free music and objects.
- The character’s face and outfit are fully customizable.
- Upload custom fonts to align with your overall branding.
- Both English and Spanish versions are available.
- Choose various sizes and aspect ratios based on your needs.
- Publish your work as PPt or PDF
Powtoon seems to be easier to navigate and intuitive. The best thing about Powtoon is that the team constantly improves its core product. Though some users have complained about how heavy it makes the web browser.
Pricing: Paid plan comes in various packages, for educational purposes, individuals, and businesses. Learn more about PowToon pricing here.
Doodly is regarded as one of the best whiteboard animation tools. If you’re active in the video marketing space, you must have come across Doodly most probably. Doodly’s core differentiator is its simplicity. Simply drag and drop pictures into the canvas, and the software will automatically draw them for you.
- Over 1000 custom-drawn illustrations by experienced graphic artists are available on Doodly.
- Doodly can make graphics that look like a whiteboard, green board, glass board, or blackboard.
- In a single video, you can include as many photos as you want.
- The smart draw technology allows you to sketch and upload images.
- Provide royaly-free music and audio.
- There are 15 human hand styles and 13 cartoon hand styles to choose from.
Doodly is an easy-to-use app that also supports custom images. It is updated regularly. It delivers prompt customer service.
A few more drawbacks include limited audio features, inability to use offline, and slow export. Also, there are no colors available in the Standard Plan.
Doodly does not offer any free trials. However, if you want an easy-to-use animation software package, Doodly may be the best option.
Pricing: There are two plans standard and enterprise. They cost $39 and $69 respectively. Learn more about Doodly pricing.
Explaindio is a drag-and-drop video creator that is simple to use. This all-in-one video maker comes with everything you need to make professional-looking 2D and 3D videos. You’ll be able to make both sketch and motion videos with Doodle.
- There is a 3D animation option available.
- Import external 3D animation objects.
- Customize 3D animation models.
- Multi-format download support like AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, and MP4.
- Multi-timeline editing capabilities are available.
- Nearly 180+ pre-built text animations and 200 pre-built animated scenes.
- Built-in integration with pixabay, never run out of royalty-free stock photos.
- No limits on how many videos you can create.
- 6 animated characters.
- Step-by-step tutorials to get started with.
Because of its user-friendliness and simple design, Explaindio is frequently recommended by professionals. Although few users complained about the software being slow and taking more time to create videos.
Pricing: Monthly plan costs $37. If you’re going for one-time pricing it is $497 for the lifetime. Learn more about pricing here.
5 Pro Tips to Keep In Mind While Creating a Whiteboard Animation
If you want to make an effective whiteboard animation video, follow these five tips for the best whiteboard animation video-
- Keep the video to 60-90 seconds in duration.
- Only use the most relevant images.
- Focus on the problem statement.
- Make sure the videos aren’t moving too quickly.
- Make use of a professional voiceover artist.
A whiteboard animation would look great on your website, in social media posts, and even in newsletters. Finally, we’d like to point out that the correct whiteboard animation software will help your organization get off to a great start with video marketing.
We are confident that you will find this information useful. Until next time, happy animating!